The Adirondack Folk School (AFS) is a non-profit organization, unique for its focus on preserving and sharing the history and culture of our region through teaching the arts, crafts, and traditions of the Adirondacks. Made up of local artisans, crafts people, and volunteers, we offer non-competitive education focusing on the student. Located in Lake Luzerne, NY, we are situated in the southern Adirondack Park, a State park of over six-million acres of “forever wild” protected land. The beauty and natural abundance of this environment influenced the skilled artisans who created the unique “Adirondack Style”.
OUR IDEAL EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR WILL
- Be a visionary and participatory leader who works to realize our mission and vision.
- Possess strong planning, tracking and execution skills across all functional areas
- Have experience in a leadership role at a comparable organization
- Have a proven ability to build and lead a team through a period of growth
- Have a passion for the arts
• Develop measurable program goals that satisfy AFS long-term strategy for growth (including participation and fiscal goals) and ensure staff alignment
• Establish and oversee process to regularly assess mission relevance, quality and value of existing programs and, as needed, involve staff, Board of Directors and other stakeholders
Financial & Fundraising
• Develop and manage organizational budgets and prepare regular tracking reports
• Develop strategies to expand contributions including: growing individual / board giving, growing corporate giving / sponsorships, growing membership, growing volunteer involvement, and improving fundraising events.
• Work with Executive Committee to draft and manage the annual budget
• Work with facilities and program committees to ensure adequate facilities to deliver current and future AFS classes and programs
• Drive progress on building projects in collaboration with the board, contractors, the Town of Lake Luzerne and other stakeholders.
Community, Public Relations & Marketing
• Oversee the development and implementation of program-specific, seasonal and general marketing strategies (print and online)
• Manage the design and production of the annual Class Brochure, program calendars, and other marketing materials.
• Oversee all external communication materials including website, marketing materials, newsletters and social media content
• Advocate for The Adirondack Folk School before governmental and community groups and represent the organization on community projects
Qualifications, benefits, salary
• Minimum of five years of experience with clear evidence of leadership, vision and the ability to execute programs, maintain focus on objectives and support organization priorities
• AFS offers a competitive salary in the range of $60K to $65K.
• AFS strives to create an inclusive, equitable and flexible work environment.
• Benefits may be negotiated
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com