Here are some of the ways you can participate at the AFS:
- Act as a “Good Will” ambassadors to talk to local civic organizations, town boards, radio stations, newspapers etc. and anyone else about the mission of the AFS and the unique experiences we provide.
- Join a committee such as Program, Special Events, Communications or Finance.
- Serve as a Tour Guides at the school.
- Distribute the AFS Catalogs in your neighborhood or throughout the Region.
- Help with investigating new alliances for AFS such as veterans organizations, colleges and universities, local schools, camps, senior citizens groups, and Adirondack resorts.
- Act as a talent scout for new instructors and class ideas.
- Assist in the office, gift shop, or volunteer weekends at the front desk.
- Help ready our facilities for classes and spring clean up
- Engage in public relations and other forms of promotion and outreach such as working a booth at a trade/craft show, chamber of commerce meeting, or similar gathering.
- Beautify the school grounds through gardening and landscaping.
If you see a volunteer task that appeals to you, please complete the form below, give us a call at 518-696-2400, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or if you just want to let us know you’re available, contact us so that we can put you on the list for when the right job comes along. Thank you for your willingness to contribute and stay in touch!